Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Quite Troubling Test

It was already time for Abraham to have a son; I mean he waited for a life time. No, I am not exaggerating. The point is, he had a son and he named him Isaac. I can imagine the happiness Abraham felt. Like when you really want to eat a piece of chocolate and you get it. Then God as unique as he is, asks him to kill him. Yeah, if I where Abraham I would also asked a simple and desperate question, what? By then, if I where Abraham, I would have killed God. O wait, he can`t. Your dad finally gets tired of you insisting and buys you the freaking chocolate. You have it in your hands, you waited so long to get it and it has a delicious smell, and you are so happy that your dad asks you to throw it away.
I still don`t understand it well, how did Abraham follow Gods orders. It’s his son for god sake! So, he takes his son uphill to sacrifice him, I could say, without a doubt or an insignificant moment of consternation of whether to kill his own son or not. What would God have done if he refused? Finally God sees he is actually faithful and loyal so he decides to stop him from killing Isaac, thanks God. But dear Abraham, I think you have some to explain. And it is not that easy as the pain ass task of answering the question, “Where do babies come from”?

No comments:

Post a Comment