Saturday, May 8, 2010


I have always known about Moses. Nevertheless I was never aware of all the details regardless of his power to enchant snakes (which was not at all accurate), and his ability to open the sea in two.
Well for you that don`t know the story and are as uninformed as I was, this is what happened:
All his people are salves in Egypt and there are too many so the Pharaoh starts to stop babies from growing. Some mother puts her baby in a basket and sends him away in the Nile River. He is picked up by Egyptian royalty and raised as part of the family. he lives day by day witnessing how the slaves are treated and one day gets aggressive because of it. He runs and a bush talks to him. This actually reminds me of a friend I have who once told her mother that trees talked to her to get her nervous and experience more adrenaline rushes. Yeah, I have a schizophrenic friend, and what? Anyway, this is god telling him to free his people. I still don`t understand why he is the one chosen, God appears to choose people without any reason to be explained. To give him a hand God gives Moses some kind of paranormal skills so he can convince the Pharaoh to let his people free. I would defently freak out if I where the Pharaoh. Being a witness of water being turned into blood, a stampede of frogs, an invasion of insects, and the death of all the new born babies including the baby dearest to him, and seeing a man turn his staff into a snake, seems pretty scary and convincing to me. But I guess the Pharaoh thought very different, because, regardless all that Moses did, he refused to do as he desired and even when he did after the death of a member of his family, he went after him to continue the struggle.
Then comes my favorite part of the story. Moses divides the red sea in two creating a scenery similar to a modern aquarium. There are archeological records that there was actually a battle there and that it probably was this one, but there is still a vague idea of what really happened. Many may say that all that is written in the bible is not true, but considering the coincidences in different cultures and civilizations throughout the world and history I think many of what is said are interpretations of things that really happened.
You can find this same idea in my blog about Noah’s arch.
http://reflecting-on-it.blogspot.com/2010/04/many-generations-to-follow-and-new.html

2 comments:

  1. Misspelling a crucial word such as "slaves" as "salves" is a powerful Freudian-slip so that slaves becomes a salve. It becomes an amelioration supposedly making things better while paradoxically making things worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything happens for a reason. The misspelling of slaves the first time was an affirmation from up above for me. :)

    ReplyDelete